We're delighted to share this fabulous seasonal recipe by our friend @whatkerry_eats.
Makes 30 single serve mini pies.
- Venison joint (from our seasonal venison meat box)
- Large slug sloe gin
- 3 sticks celery
- 3 carrots
- 800ml of beef stock
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- Black pepper
- 5 rolls of shortcrust pastry
- 2 eggs
- Roughly chop carrots and celery into 1cm chunks, add to the slow cooker with a bit of butter and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add venison joint to the slow cooker along with 800ml beef stock and a large measure of sloe gin
- Add 4 bay leaves, 30g butter and the chilli flakes. Season well with salt and pepper
- Leave to cook on medium for 1 day until venison can be pulled apart with a fork
- Pull apart and leave to stew on low until required
- Use shortcrust pastry to line some cupcake trays or equivalent, cook for 15 minutes with baking beans
- Add your venison filling, top with a pastry lid and puncture the top of the lid
- Lightly wash the pastry with some whisked egg and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt
- Bake until golden brown
Our seasonal venison meat box includes lean, richly flavoured sustainable venison straight from our Oxfordshire farm. For special meals, there’s a large roasting joint and succulent venison steaks. For everyday cooking, lean mince, sausages, meatballs and easy diced venison. Great value for filling the freezer for all occasions.