Known for their rich, earthy umami flavour, porcini mushrooms are near legendary. They form an indulgent sauce that is perfect for drizzling over seared venison loin steaks.
Time: 25 minutes
20g dried porcini mushrooms
300g venison loin steak
150g spinach, chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
70g double cream
½ lemon, juice
- Soak the porcini in just enough boiling water to cover them.
- Pat dry the meat with a kitchen towel, then coat with a little olive oil and season all sides with a little salt and pepper, leave at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat frying pan over a med-high heat, when hot sear the meat for 2 minutes on all six sides, then turn the heat down and cook on a low heat for 2 minutes on the four largest sides. then place in tin foil & wrap, then again in a clean tea towel and leave to rest.
- To the pan add a little oil, the garlic, drained and chopped porcini & spinach, cook for 5 minutes then add the rosemary, double cream and a little of the porcini water, simmer for a few minutes then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with potatoes or rice as a main meal.
Our seasonal venison meat box includes lean, richly flavoured sustainable venison straight from our Oxfordshire farm. For special meals, there’s a large roasting joint and succulent venison steaks. For everyday cooking, lean mince, sausages, meatballs and easy diced venison. Great value for filling the freezer for all occasions.